Saturday, January 3, 2009

Who is this guy, anyway?

If you're like 99% of people in this world, you are a fact gatherer. You need all of the information. You gotta know all there is to know about it before you do anything drastic. That's great news, because you'll read the rest of this thing to find out who in the world I am!

Okay, time for some fast facts...

- Born January 12th, 1990
- Saved September 6th, 1996
- Called into the ministry in the summer of '98
- Parents are missionaries to the military (since '93)
- Has 6 brothers & sisters (Kathryn (husband Matthew, children Matthew & Emily) Jonathan, Sharon, Lydia, Johanna, and Jason)
- Has traveled extensively (45 of the continental 48, Canada, Mexico, and Australia)
- Plays trumpet, baritone, guitar, banjo, mandolin, and violin
- Graduated Pecan Grove Christian Academy (class of '08)
- Attended Capitol City Baptist College for 1 year

*(But for the grace of God...)*

I am nothing more than what God has done with me. I feel unbelievably blessed to have been given a christian home, and for all of you who have one too, thank God for it every day!
My philosophy is pretty simple; There is no such thing as luck. (Proverbs 16:23) God will only do for you what you can't do for yourself. (Matthew 17:27) (Unless you get out of the boat, you won't be walking on water! ) Live for God and let the sawdust fly.
That being said, let's talk a little about what my plans are. Since my call to preach/ministry, I believe that until I get specific orders (location, exact title (Pastor, missionary, evangelist, etc.)), it is my job to PREPARE! God shouldn't have to look at me and say, "You know, I could really use that guy, but it's going to take him 5 years to get ready if I tell him what he's supposed to do. This ain't gonna work!" I want Him to be able to say, "Well, lookee there, He's all fired up and ready to go. When I say the word, he'll be on it. No ands, ifs, or buts."
So, I'm doing everything I can to make sure that I am ready when The Lord gives me the nudge.

No comments:

 
Site Meter